Ingredients for the melting shortbread
- 90 g of softened butter
- 100 g lemon flan powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 110 g of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- about 150 gr of flour type 45 for cake
- Raspberry jam
- Apricot jam
- Ground pistachios
- Mix the unmelted but softened butter with the lemon, vanilla, pistachio or chocolate flan powder until creamy.
- Add the first egg yolk and mix. Once well incorporated, add the second egg yolk and the lemon extract. Mix well.
- Add the sifted cornstarch or maïzena, then the baking powder, salt and sifted flour and bring the dough together.
- Line the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 cm to make the tarts.
- Cut out with a cookie cutter and place the cookies on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake the shortbread in a preheated oven at 140°C for 15 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking time, use a stopper to slightly hollow out the center of the cookies, which will swell up slightly so that you can fill them with more jam.
For the brick or basket effect model
- Always on a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 7 mm.
- With the cookie cutter give a light pressure to mark the dough.
- With a square cookie cutter or other, cut out your cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes at 140°C, making sure that the cookies
- remain white and just lightly browned.
- Leave to cool before topping with jam and rolling the edges in coconut for the lemon shortbread, for the pistachio
- shortbread, roll them in ground pistachios.
- Keep these shortbread melting with custard powder in an airtight box.